Saturday, October 16, 2010

The (not quite) Daily Ash

This is the daily sprinkling of Ash, a flick from the end of the cigarette butt that was my day.

The mornings usually start like the first puff of the day. Eager and enthusiastic, that first hit of nicotine on the tongue is ambrosia. But by the time you've lost count of how many sticks you've had, the throat starts to itch and it becomes almost painful to smoke. But you do it anyways. Why? Because the damn thing is already lit, what else are you going to do with it. Likewise, at the end of the day, what else are you going to do other than to finish off what you've started- painful as it may be.

Sounds a little cryptic? Maybe to the non-smoker. What's my obsession with ciggies? The fact that I can't smoke in my own home and it's driving me mental.

Anyways, The Daily Ash is more for everyone else who's wondering what I've been up to since I tend to disappear for long periods of time. And since I can't (and don't want to) write the same thing 50 times in emails or snail mail, it's easier to put it all up in one blog. One big happy blog- like a smoke screen in a club, all encompassing and ... oh wait, you can't smoke in clubs anymore. Ah well, I can't promise a daily sprinkling of ash but I can promise there will be periodic flickings. I'm still trying to find a good app so that I can blog from my phone. I think smoke breaks are perfect for blogging.

Happy Reading for the future posts. But for today, like all good ciggies must come to end, it's time to stub this little post out.

No comments:

Post a Comment